Archinect
anchor

Considering a career change

jonlwilk

I'm at what I believe to be a critical point in my academic/professional career and am currently seeking entry in a graduate program (M.Arch) to begin in Fall 2017. Architecture has always been my passion, but, more recently, have been considering pursuing a culinary career instead. I don't have professional experience in a kitchen, but food is something I've increasingly become interested in and am wondering if it's worth exploring more seriously. Does anyone know of someone who has made a similar move?

Nov 25, 16 12:54 pm

Sure - why not? Take a cooking class. You'll be surprised that there are a hell of a lot of architects that love cooking too. 

Nov 25, 16 1:55 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

Ive heard that culinary school is more less a scam, in the idea that you still hold relatively no intrinsic value after graduating. And the market for high paid chefs is very narrow, and there is a lot of false ladder climb & smoke blowing up ones rear end by the top chefs only to let ppl go because the market is so saturated with wannabe top tier chefs . A field that is relatively unstable, and is hard to actually make a living wage in. 

Sounds like architecture, youre choosing the really good careers for headaches when it comes to making a decent living for the long term.

Nov 25, 16 3:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: