Archinect
anchor

Build a station in Mars (contest) – is it legitimate?

Ark_Master

Hi there…I´m new here; I´ve come looking for some help/opinions about this contest:

http://architectscompetitions.com/competition/mars-exploration-base/

Everything looked good, but when I sent 2 emails to the organizers asking for some details (and received no response), all the things changed to me…and I even wrote an inbox to the Facebook page of the contest, and happened the same (no answer at all)

What do you think? – is, perhaps, anybody else officially inside this contest now?

Hope to read anything from you soon, thanks! 

Nov 24, 16 10:54 pm
citizen

Perhaps the Martian funding fell through...

Nov 26, 16 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ark_Master

..."Perhaps the Martian funding fell through..."

Hahaha...

Any other thoughts?

Nov 26, 16 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Only that I'd listen to your suspicions and wait for some sign of legitimacy (tinfoil hats don't count) before spending any money or time.

Nov 26, 16 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

NASA might do this as a PR exercise, but in that case they would not be charging a fee. The firms that have already designed the different spacecraft and the space station have a deep knowledge base that would be called on. Not to say you couldn't have an original idea that would be appreciated.

Nov 26, 16 6:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ark_Master

Hi volunteer, what is a PR exercise?

Nov 26, 16 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Public Relations. An exercise to get people (taxpayers) talking about and supporting the mission.

Nov 26, 16 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
Ark_Master

ohhh I see...any other thoughts?

Nov 26, 16 10:56 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

It is a scam, absolutely.

Nov 27, 16 6:40 am  · 
 · 
Ark_Master

I agree now with you, Volunteer...Everything looks very strange, but the thing that definitely turned me suspicious is that they do not answer any questions (sent by email or sent to their Facebook inbox)

Any other thoughts?

(PS: sorry if my English is not so good)

Nov 27, 16 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I know the answer, for $5 I will tell you if it is legitimate or not

Nov 29, 16 12:32 pm  · 
 · 
Ark_Master

Hi shellarchitect...how?

Nov 29, 16 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

I'll do it for $ 3.  

Nov 29, 16 1:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: