Archinect
anchor

Canadian Architecture Programs Differences

0khaned0

Hi, I am a senior high school student from USA who is planning to study in Canada due to my family plans. I research about undergraduate programs  in Canada and notice the degree in each university is different in terms of title. I am familiar with the differences between B.Arch and B.S/BA. Architecture along with '4+2' and 5 years path. 

I am interested in McGill University, University of Waterloo and University of British Columbia. I am familiar with McGill's since they have Bachelors of Science in Architecture but I am bit unsure about UCB's Bachelor of Environmental Design and UWaterloo's Bachelor of Architectural Studies. I know that B.A./B.S. Architecture can lead to M.Arch as '4+2' path but I am not sure if Bachelors of Environmental Design and Architectural Studies count as pre-professional architecture degrees which M.Arch can be taken for 2 years like B.A/B.S. Architecture. I am still researching about Canadian universities with undergraduate architecture programs to keep my options open.

What makes Bachelors of Environmental Design and Architectural Studies different from BA./B.S. Architecture?

What are the other Canadian universities with good architecture programs?

If you studied in either of three universities above, what are your experiences with the program?

Thank you for all of your help! 

Nov 19, 16 12:16 pm
Non Sequitur

Canada has no B.arch, only the 4y + M.arch path.

In order of quality, difficulty, and experience, the canadian programs are rated as such:

1. Waterloo

2. McGill

the rest.

last. UofT

If you're aiming for, and have the grades/portfolio for McGill or Waterloo, don't bother with anything else.  These are the most difficult, most competitive programs that churn out quality graduates... even with only a bachelors (BAS).

Nov 19, 16 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: