Archinect
anchor

GSD student response to the AIA's uncritical support of the Trump administration

Bryan Ortega-Welch

With love,
GSD

Nov 17, 16 4:29 pm
sameolddoctor

Why did you stop short of saying Donald Trump's name?

Nov 17, 16 7:01 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

didn't want to bite the hand that feeds it. 

Nov 17, 16 7:06 pm  · 
 · 

This was a good statement, Bryan and other students, and I love that you referenced and reinforced the Yale statement. Would it be entirely dorky for me to say "Stronger Together" here?!  But it's true. 

Nov 17, 16 8:33 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I was going to say something in the world of cranky asshole cynicism, but tried to remeber college. its strange, back then idealogies and words meant a lot. making paper statements was meaningful and gave you a rush and reason to write.. when i make paper statements now its to cover my ass from a lawsuit or to get paid. if I ramble on the internet as I often do in a non sensical way is because I am enthralled in a world of power without college like idealogies and meaningful existence. I'd rather hug my kid sometimes then seal another deal that will involve brainless power over paper to space......and this is rhe naivitity I think the left has and college students. this is ultimately meaningless just like all the shit that has come out of Trumps mouth. its negotiations to power - business. not sure how else to describe it, but people who find meaning in physical work get it. a negotiation is nothing more than an emotional manuever with your opponent, the words are tools and not meaningful objects. this is Trump and all the grandstanding is naive.

Nov 17, 16 9:07 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Architects should stick to firmness, commodity and delight.  Skip politics.

Nov 17, 16 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

@sameolddoctor We did mention Trump by name, but changed after the AIA fully walked back their statement.  

@no_form you and I both know that Trump is too cheap to hire GSD grads.

@Donna_Sink thanks; the thought is to have a larger coalition of schools supporting a common message with individual statements.  

@Olaf Design Ninja_ all existence is meaningless, embrace the void

@geezertect No, but thank you all the same

Nov 17, 16 9:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: