Archinect
anchor

M Arch Portfolio Review

fufu

The following links to my M Arch portfolio. I'm applying to top and middle tier schools in the US and hoping for an advanced standing based on my 5 year B Arch and the work highlighted in this portfolio. This is the final draft so any changes at this point would have to be minimal.

https://issuu.com/arfakhan/docs/convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2016-11-10_2

What do you guys think!

Nov 17, 16 10:19 am
Non Sequitur

Why an M.Arch if you already have a B.arch?

Why you leave Canada for university, esp if you intent on coming back? Backwards academic accredition can be a bitch.

Portfolio is far better than most I've seen posted here in quite some time btw. Just make sure that any text shown is legible. Plenty of your images have teeny-tiny letters. Just get rid of those or enlarge the drawing. Add more sketches too.

...also, drop the skills/software self rating score. No-one is a 9/10 in anything.  Let those who review your work decide where you fall. I'd rate myself a 7 at best and I have nearly a decade of real-work experience and I'm a wizard, literally.

Nov 17, 16 10:39 am  · 
 · 
fufu

How would you feel about sharing your portfolio, being a wizard and all? I'd love to understand where you're coming from.

Ill revisit some of those images you're referring to.

Nov 17, 16 10:59 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

My academic portfolio was mostly hand-drawn and real wood models and also, not in a digital format.

I don't and won't share, esp to one-thread portfolio review peeps.

Like I've said a million times before, everyone and their neighbour's dog considers themselves software superstars. Learning what buttom to press for shiny images and CAD/BIM learned for studio cannot be graded since it's not related to the real world of architecture (ie. work that pays the bills).

my 1.7cents (adjusted for US/CAD currency conversion)

Nov 17, 16 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
mainike

Really strong drawings!

There are so many interesting diagrams on the second page of your first project. You might separate those drawings into several pages so we could see each clearly. 

Nov 17, 16 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: