Archinect
anchor

Please critique my portfolio - M Arch 1 App

soepo

I'm applying to M Arch 1 programs this year and would really benefit from a critique of my portfolio first draft. The portfolio is quite a challenge for me as I don't have any art or design background, so I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. The layout could use some work I'm sure. The content is pretty much complete, but I'm totally open to editing and rearranging. Thank you!

https://issuu.com/michbc/docs/11.7_draft_portfolio_f60cd90fc4d9da

Nov 16, 16 10:38 am
archietechie

Hi Michelle, hope this helps:

- Beautiful cover!

- Arrange your projects like so: Jellyfish; fused glass light; gameboard (+ some axonometric drawings); caroline's dress; pavilion; dancer's pavilion; drawings...couldn't find pittsburgh parks

- As you're an M.arch 1 application, they want to gauge your creativity in anything but architectural projects. If you wanted to include those in, it has to be good...yours unfortunately isn't represented well enough to warrant their placements. I understand it isn't easy but representation plays a huge part for archi presentations. Pick up photoshop and familiarize it, will be good for your folio and your future school matters.

- You have an aptitude for pencil works, would be a shame if you didn't include more of them. Not just sketching however but other representational techniques: axonometric/isometric; plans; sections; elevations etc.

- Show more photography work after sketches. Again, the cover is gorgeous!

Nov 16, 16 11:03 am  · 
 · 
soepo

archietechie, Thank you very much for your comments! I know I struggle with the representation on those arch projects. I'm considering taking out entirely the second one if not both, I just worry they will give a negative evaluation if I'm not showing the work done in the intro arch class I took. I'll definitely rearrange things after hearing your thoughts though. Thanks again!

Nov 17, 16 10:29 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: