Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Help

walidlatreche

Hi all,

Currently I am on the process of applying grad school. Right now I am working on my portfolio and want to get some answers if it's possible,

Schools are asking for a 15 MB Portfolio, i would like to know how many pages should a 15 MB Portfolio include, i mean, i have many projects and personal works, and i really want to include every piece i have worked on,

so I'd really appreciate some help with that.

Thanks a lot 

Nov 12, 16 4:47 am
Non Sequitur
Quality over substance. 10 2-page spread should be plenty. No one will look past the 10 page point anyways.
Nov 12, 16 6:17 am  · 
 · 
walidlatreche

should I include personal works (drawings, 3D designs.....) or just keep it more.... academic ?

Nov 12, 16 8:50 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Is the personal work better than studio? Pick what is your best work regardless of origin.
Nov 12, 16 9:54 am  · 
 · 
walidlatreche

thnx a lot

Nov 16, 16 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

+75%  Personal non-architectural work does not do positive things for portfolios. My experience anyway. 

Nov 16, 16 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
harsh25

Hi walidlatreche,

How are you doing? I hope you have done a lot of research on portfolios & profiles. I have few suggestions for you:

1. Instead of creating a portfolio in a 3rd party tool create your own portfolio website.
  2. You will have your own digital space to update all your previous & on-going projects in single place with your own domain name.
  3. Promote your countless designs & projects continuously globally with your own portfolio website.
  4. Start your journey online right-away before even getting admitted to grad school. (Like a feather on your academic cap)
  5. Flaunt your talents & skills online to your mates with your portfolio websites.

This is the perfect time for you to have your own digital space.

Create an online portfolio website right now & make the most out of it.

Regards,
Harsh

Nov 25, 16 12:49 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: