Archinect
anchor

Phased Curtain Wall Replacement

Thoughts?

I feel like I have found the end of the internet while googling about this.  A few nice curtain wall replacement/ re-clad/ over-clad projects, but nothing that is phased.

Nov 8, 16 12:58 pm
x intern
Phased as in sides of the building or smaller? If it's a replacement it really goes pretty quickly. Did 60,000 sq ft in a summer once. Only 4 stories though so they could access most with lifts.
Nov 8, 16 2:23 pm  · 
 · 

Phased as in we are replacing 3 stories of curtain wall one floor at a time on three sides of a building.  Starting with the top floor.  Future phases are also currently TBD as far as a time frame.  So our solution has to be somewhat permanent.

Nov 8, 16 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
Bench
I worked on a similar type of project last year. The project was big enough that it was feasible to build a multi-story rigged scaffolding (essentially a really big window-washer's platform) to move from facade to facade. On the lower part was removal,on tthe higher part the installation. The whole thing was (mostly) weather proof'd, and both old/new units were passed down/up via secondary rigger crane to service elevator on roof. We also hoarded out a 10 ft buffer with post remediation work on each floor. Very complex and mainly engineering work, but supremely interesting.
Nov 8, 16 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Bench
I worked on a similar type of project last year. The project was big enough that it was feasible to build a multi-story rigged scaffolding (essentially a really big window-washer's platform) to move from facade to facade. On the lower part was removal,on tthe higher part the installation. The whole thing was (mostly) weather proof'd, and both old/new units were passed down/up via secondary rigger crane to service elevator on roof. We also hoarded out a 10 ft buffer with post remediation work on each floor. Very complex and mainly engineering work, but supremely interesting.
Nov 8, 16 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: