Archinect
anchor

M.Arch App. Portfolio Critique (non-architecture background)

Matthew_Ninivaggi

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone would mind going through the current draft of my M.Arch I application portfolio. I do not have a background in architectural design. Any feedback would be helpful in regards to content, layout, style, length, imagery, et cetera. I will be applying to rather competitive schools so I'd really appreciate some constructive criticism. 

Thanks a lot!

https://issuu.com/matty_nini/docs/30_page_print_draft_6

Nov 1, 16 10:06 pm
Matthew_Ninivaggi

This recent edition lacks correct pagination! I apologize, just noticing. 

Nov 1, 16 10:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Get rid of everything prior to the connection section and 95% of the photographs.  Turn what's left into a clean 2-page spread and rethink the type of drawings to include.

You need to show artistic flair and the ability to understand scale, composition, light, form, perspective, etc. 

Nov 2, 16 12:26 am  · 
 · 
Renzo's Piano
Hey Ford, fuck off.
Nov 2, 16 9:47 am  · 
 · 
Sam Apoc

Looks good.  One graphic comment: lose the fully justified text for the project titles and table of contents.  It works fine for the blocks of text, but does not read well otherwise.

Nice mix of content / different mediums in my opinion. NS seems a little salty...

Nov 2, 16 11:02 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Salty?

Not one bit. Just realistic with a shit-ton worth of experience.

Nov 2, 16 11:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: