Archinect
anchor

Tender Documents and Contracts

MerryMagpie

Hi all,

I've just struck out on my own since qualifying 3 years ago, and have landed my first project. It's a small scale project, for a "granny flat" which will be separate from but dependent on the main house. I'm just preparing the documents for tender but I'm confused about how detailed they need to be for such a small project. The firms I worked for tended to have bigger projects and the tender documents were very in-depth. 

I'm planning to use a Minor Works with Contractor's Design contract - I've prepared the main drawings and will be asking the contractor to design the layouts for services. I assume I do this by means of Employer's Requirements for a Contractor Designed Portion, but the only examples I can find online are for much more complex projects. Is it uncommon / unnecessary to include Employer's Requirements at tender for such a small project? If so, what is a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

MerryMagpie

Nov 1, 16 5:03 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: