Archinect
anchor

Suggestion/critics for portfolio

Hello,

I am also new to the forum but I really wanted to try it to get some feedback I think I really need .I  just finished  my master program and I am in the process of internship applications , but I feel stuck somehow. so I would really appreciate if you could check it and give me an advice on it and if you would have any suggestion on the typology of studios or ateliers I should focus on when applying .I would really appreciate.

do I maybe need to show more projects and is it not enough architectural? So far I got unpaid internship offers  :/

https://issuu.com/joraa/docs/portfolio_jora_kasapi_up2/1?e=5695715/30000297

Thanks 

J

Oct 22, 16 11:16 am
natematt

Your text is lacking. I have issues with the clarity of conveying the ideas, the technical aspects of the writing, and the formatting. Since English is not your native language I would suggest you ask someone for help smoothing things out.

Personally, I really like your projects (the visuals anyway). They are a little fuzzy at points, but that could be the formatting for Issuu. I think the amount of projects is fine. I think you should drop the last two pages, stick to the architecture. Not sure about the "Wire Language Project," if you really want it in there, I would shuffle it into the middle.

As a whole, the order could be better. I think the general consensus is start with your best project, end with your second best. I'd

I feel like your layout is hit or miss, but I'm not going to dig into that.

Don't care for the cover, but that's always a hard thing.

Your CV is odd to me, but that might be a difference in expectation based on country, so I won't comment unless you plan to apply in the US.

If the text was fixed, I'd really like it.

How many applications have you sent out?

Oct 22, 16 3:22 pm  · 
 · 

I am reading this in one year distance, while I am re-working on my portfolio again (changing , adding to it). Thank you very much for the feedback , it was changed a couple of times but your observations were all right :)

Nov 14, 17 10:57 am  · 
 · 

I liked your portfolio overall.

I would not add any more projects. If you have some work done in an office setting, I would substitute it for the tree house project.

I appreciate that you speak 5 languages. However, there are a number of spelling and syntax errors.

I would not take any unpaid internships, you are better than that.

Oct 22, 16 3:44 pm  · 
 · 

Thank you too , I am reading it just now . Useful feedback

Nov 14, 17 10:59 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: