Archinect
anchor

Interior & Exterior Design Program / Software

plowcher

I’m hoping someone here can help me with my quest to find the following:

Looking to purchase an online interior and exited design program (MAC Compatible if Downloadable) that I can import my architect’s dwg file so I can make 3D room layouts, drag and drop furniture, fixtures, tiles, floors, windows, doors, kitchen and bath options, wall colors, etc., through the entire house inside and out.  Can you please help direct me to a design program that fits all my requests (especially the dwg upload being most important)?  I'm also hoping since this is a one time project and I am not a professional using it for my career, I'd like to find one that is under $250 if possible.

Thank you to all that can help!

Regards,

Phil

Oct 21, 16 3:50 pm
Non Sequitur

Sketchup is free...

Also, why don't you ask (and pay) your architect do pick the finishes.  Most likely they know a thing or two more than you about design and presentation/software.

Oct 21, 16 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
plowcher

Unfortunately Sketchup does not allow me to upload my dwg file, not even the paid for Pro version.  One of the most important features I am looking for is to upload my dwg file so I do not have to create the entire house inside and out.  Unfortunately, once again, my architect is unfamiliar with interior design software which has the features I mention in above post.  Any other ideas are welcome...

Oct 22, 16 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Yes it does.
Oct 22, 16 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Chief Architect https://www.chiefarchitect.com

Oct 22, 16 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

2G for that Tintt?

I think the op is looking for software where he can import 2D vector files and a 3D model will be automatically generated... which obviously does not exist.

Oct 22, 16 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
plowcher

Yes, Non Sequitur, you are correct it does import dwg files.  However, at a price of almost $700 it's $500 over my budget.  A 2D is ok.    8-(

Oct 22, 16 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
plowcher

Txs tintt.  Chief Architect looks great and like it can do it all but again it's way out of my price range. 

Oct 22, 16 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
plowcher

This is a pdf file of the dwg file I'd like to import to a design software program that's cost is under or near $250, to design all the rooms in the house as mentioned in my original post.  http://www.njgrouphealth.com/drawing/pdf/drawing.pdf  Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Oct 23, 16 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

How about you ask your architect for the name of the software he/she used for those pdfs?

It's unlikely that any other weekend-warrior type building design software will recognize the house plans as you've received them anyways.

Oct 23, 16 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
AdrianFGA

plowcher,

http://www.roomsketcher.com/

This app might work for you, considering your rather small budget. It lets you create basic interior design. Looks like it can't import dwg files, but their Pro version ($99 / year) can import pdf's or image files, so you can recreate the floor plans yourself. 

Provided they charge within your budget limits, you can order their staff to draw your floor plans, they claim to do that within 24 hrs.

Oct 25, 16 9:48 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: