Archinect
anchor

Resume in German

freasiero

Hi!

Right now I am working to put my resume in German. I don't know the jargon for the field and was wondering if anyone by chance did?

Terms for post processing renders, drafting construction documents, schematic sections, their version of ADA, diagrams, iteration.... etc. etc.

Thank you for any information you might have.

Olivia

Oct 20, 16 12:01 pm
Non Sequitur

How do you expect to work in that environment when you don't even know the basic terms of the profession?

Oct 20, 16 12:16 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

don't forget to put your picture on your resume as well as your religion, age and sex! People would be outraged in the U.S. or Canada but it's very standard in Germany. 

So you want to say that you are familiar with their version of ADA, yet you don't even know what they call it?

Oct 20, 16 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

put Neufert on your resume...

Oct 20, 16 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

Put "Will work for currywurst"?

Oct 20, 16 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
chris-chitect

A few German offices operate in english. A friend of mine worked for an office, although she couldn't answer the phone. I would just keep your resume in english and not give any false impressions.

I've saw a German friend's resume once, not only did he put in his photo, but his monthly salary expectations right up front.

Oct 20, 16 6:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: