Archinect
anchor

Master in Architecture or interior design

I have done a Barch from India and applying for masters in US. I am interested in pursuing Masters in architecture but with some focus on interior design. Which are the colleges which offer such a program? Or should I only concentrate on one program?

Oct 18, 16 1:46 pm
Non Sequitur

you don't need a masters in order to pick fabrics and sort office cubicles. You're already way over qualified with a B.Arch. Stick with the architecture path.

Oct 18, 16 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
ritxi

yeah even i feel doing a interior course is kind of stupid after five years of architecture but I dunno i feel a design field has more scope nowadays as compared to the core architecture feild.

Oct 18, 16 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

just remember, anyone can do int-des....

Oct 18, 16 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

I have an M.Arch and do Interior Design for projects I work on. Get the M.Arch, because you'll do Interior Design as well, unless the firm your work for has a dedicated Interior Design studio.

Oct 18, 16 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
ritxi

whats the best approach in shortlisting colleges for March. I have given gre V-150 Q-161. I was one of the top 5 student in the undergrad school and graduated in 2015.

Oct 18, 16 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
lacalr

Search the internet. Think about why you want to do architecture and try to find schools that cater to you're interest. Take into account cost, length, and the location of the program. Most schools don't care too much about GRE's at least in my experience. It's mostly portfolio and SOP. Maybe look into MArch programs with focus on interior architecture. 

Oct 20, 16 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: