Archinect
anchor

Applying to MArch I with major in English

smythtimo

Is there a chance of getting into Harvard GSD MArch I with a 3.3 GPA, a major in English, and minor in studio art from a top tier school?

Thanks  

Oct 18, 16 1:27 pm
Bench

No, they actually specifically bar those exact stats from entry to the program.

Oct 18, 16 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

yep, I can confirm the above. Looks like you're shit-outa luck. Enjoy the BAS consolation prize.

Oct 18, 16 2:19 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

I almost hate to ruin the sarcasm, but I will. 

Yes, sure, if they like your work and like your writing your chances are as good as anyone else. You're a writer, wow them with your letter of intent (or whatever they call it) . 

Oct 18, 16 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

The answer to getting 1 worthless degree is not getting another one. Work for a bit and do some real research on the career first. You can do architecture with a single BIM class at a community college. 

Oct 18, 16 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
smythtimo

StarchitectAlpha, it seems like you have had a rough experience in the workplace.. No degree is worthless, it is how you use the learned tools and ideas that matters.

Oct 18, 16 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

I am wondering where StarchitectAlpha is in his career path...

Oct 18, 16 10:38 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

Taking a much needed break from the profession. OP seriously do some research and try and get some experience before you dive in. If it's meant to be awesome, you'll then have some real world experience to use in school. If not, you won't be in even more debt.

Oct 18, 16 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
Bench

Where are all these arch jobs that require no education whatsoever? Damn I would have loved to get in on that when I was 18 !

Oct 19, 16 4:17 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

At Fosters obviously.

Oct 19, 16 4:47 am  · 
 · 

I thought Fosters was Australian for beer?

Oct 19, 16 12:24 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oct 19, 16 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: