Archinect
anchor

You've Been Booed - architect version?

awaiting_deletion

someone knocked on my door last night, the wife and kids were out...I answered the door slowly figuring it was them returning, no one there, just a zip lock bag with candy and paper stating - You've Been Booed  Went to the front of porch, nothing, no one.

Wondering what the architect version would be? and if it would be worth doing?

Oct 17, 16 8:55 pm
citizen

I've been boozed many, many times.

Oh, wait... nevermind.

Oct 17, 16 9:24 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

Probably one of those creepy clowns -- watch your back.

Oct 17, 16 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

"TP" your neighbour's trees with yellow trace-paper.

Oct 17, 16 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
∑ π ∓ √ ∞

Have seen Azure?

Oct 17, 16 10:42 pm  · 
 · 
1992bruin

This has to be it, right? Print and go around leaving this on co-workers desks

Oct 18, 16 12:00 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Weird. I had arranged for a 340 pound man to come to your house and grab you by the you know what, Trump style, so you could definitively decide whether or not it is a big deal based on actual experience. Something must have gotten messed up in the translation. 

Oct 18, 16 7:56 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

The architect version...

Someone crams 10 pounds of dog crap into a 5 pound bag.  Puts it on your porch, lights it and rings the door bell. 

But then has to stay around and deal with the aftermath. 

Oct 18, 16 8:06 am  · 
 · 

The architect version:

"Perkins & Will, that wood skyscraper you did a conceptual design for looks really beautiful. I appreciate that you devoted resources to continuing research into high rise wood construction. I hope you can continue it further and even see it come to fruition. Nice work."

Now Perkins & Will says something considered and complimentary to another firm and posts it here. Then that firm does the same for someone else....etc.

Oct 18, 16 8:12 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

hmmm... thinking about Donna's post, that could work.  I was thinking more literally, like drop off plans for a shitty lookin' house and run....

Oct 18, 16 2:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^ that could work ODN. Perhaps sketch out a shitty addition or porch renovation suggestion for the property... tack on a bill for 8mins worth of services, and run away giggling like a prancing unicorn.

Oct 18, 16 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

you mean like those deaf guys who hand you something on a European train, you open it up and they come back and ask for money? so drop off plans, if you come back and the design is built you then bill them?

Oct 18, 16 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

i think I will go with 1992bruins with a crumpled piece of paper next to it (remember simpsons episode)

Oct 21, 16 7:19 am  · 
 · 
haruki

I designed a house that I think is sensitively contextual without being a cutesy copy of the surrounding traditional houses. The rest of the neighborhood thinks otherwise and hate what I designed so much that they organized to have the street designated as an historical district so nothing like what I built can ever be built there again. 

Oct 21, 16 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

^wankers

Oct 21, 16 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Ugh, haruki, that's so sad yet somehow so predictable. People can't see reasonable explanations when all they WANT to see is historicky.
Oct 21, 16 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

haruki, get the entire street a Modern Arch mag subscription.

Oct 21, 16 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

historicky. love it.

Oct 21, 16 6:10 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Great tread to be resurrected.
Jan 20, 17 7:28 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

necro

Jan 20, 17 9:25 am  · 
 · 

This is a funny thread. I still think my suggestion was a good one.

But whenever anyone writes "tread" instead of thread I think of Per Correl's infamous and long-gone "Hi All You Fancy Graphics Lovers" thread.

HI.

Jan 20, 17 2:39 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I write tread!

Jan 20, 17 3:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: