Archinect
anchor

M.Arch - USA, English // Europe, Professor

collour

Hi.

I'm 5th year B.arch student and ready for graduation soon.

Since few years ago, I've wanted to learn and thought about master course of architecture in top school, USA. Also, I've already studied toefl, had a score(but a little less than 100) and worked my portfolio, etc)

Why I want to study in top school, USA is just a reason that USA is in english (because my country's language is not in english and I don't want to learn other languages except english, chinese, spanish, etc) and it is possible to have good chances to learn from famous architects or profs and have good relationships between world-competitive students. That's all.

However, I;ve interested in Japanese architects during my studio life such as SANAA, Sou Fujimoto, Toyo Ito, Junya Ishigami..etc and studied a lot of things about them.(architectural thinking, concept, detail, form, etc.. like relationship oriented architecture). And I found that Sejima started a professor in University of Applied Arts Vienna. It was interesting for me because I've wanted to learn from her as an internship, architect or.. a student in her studio like this(But I know that she can't come in studio everyday and it is just possible to have midterm of final critic day). But I think, is it possible to have a chance to work in SANAA after graduation..?

Therefore, I want to ask you courteously about 'USA Environment, Top School in the world, communication with in English' or 'Europe Environment, my Respectful Architect Sejima Professor, communication with in English or other languages).

If I have no problem about my portfolio and cost to apply top school. what is the better..? And for example, if you concern about these two ways, what way you select?

Oct 17, 16 7:00 am

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: