Archinect
anchor

Tropical building questions

jalesveva jayamahe

so i have a few question about this house,

1. why do the roof overhangs the pool? won't it raise the humidity in the house?

2. why do tropical houses on google always shows the house right beside a pool, won't it make the house humid? is it for cooling? won't the humidity makes you uncomfortable? is the wind enough to control the humidity? it's located near a beach, so constant wind is guaranteed.

that's all i can think of for now, i humbly request your wise answers, since i am just a student.

Oct 13, 16 1:44 pm
Non Sequitur

I think the people who can afford such a house can also afford proper HVAC.

Oct 13, 16 2:05 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

and if the pool gets warm, we can cool it too!

Oct 13, 16 2:57 pm  · 
 · 

You're not cool until you pee in the pool.

Oct 13, 16 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
archietechie

Ahhh the typical villa home typology by Guz architects from singapore I believe.

1) The sun is directly overhead throughout most of the year at the equator, hence the overhangs.

2) Pros sure outweigh the cons here as it is already hot and humid, nothing like a good swim and tan in a hot afternoon. What's more a house beside the sea would have plenty of sea breeze to boot.

And sometimes, just sometimes...the rich there have ample land to play around with compared to semi-detached or terraces so a pool is a good indicator for a dick measuring contest.

Oct 13, 16 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
jalesveva jayamahe

@archietechie

hmm i see. the pool sure will be useful in a hot day. nothing beats heat like a swim. but when it is not used for example during the night, would the pool make the house above humid?

and, HA dick measuring contest. i guess some one is compensating for something

@Josh Mings

ikr it's the same really. but the pool guard won't listen....

also i did not expect dank memes in this forum, what a time to be alive born just in time to browse dank memes

Oct 14, 16 9:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: