Archinect
anchor

Architecture Registration Exam the ARE 5.0 Study Material

robdmob

Hi all,

are there third party study materials for the 5.0 yet? I was only familiar with GRE study material so just the big names like Kaplan, Princeton, what have you but I have not studied for the 4.0 and plan on studying for the 5.0 and it seems information is very scattered online and the one I did fine was for a pre-order by "Professional Publications, Inc" for a hefty $217. Any other material available yet? I don't intend on taking any 4.0 prior to November so seems like it'll all be 5.0 for me.

thanks,

Oct 11, 16 6:29 pm

http://youngarchitect.com/2016/09/12/lets-get-ready-for-are-5-0/ check out the information about halfway down the post.

As far as I know Ballast (The PPI book you saw) is the only one that actually has materials out at this point. Others should be coming soon.

Oct 11, 16 6:54 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Any reason y 5.0 over 4.0? It is my understanding, that 4.0 will run for next 2yrs and also if you pass cd's, ppp, and spd in 4.0 youcan transition to 5.0 and take 2 more exams and be done (project planning and design and project development and documentation)

Oct 13, 16 7:41 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

4.0 material will still be usable, it just won't be organized in the same manner as the new exams.  You could always supplement with some older materials if you'd like. 

Oct 14, 16 8:14 am  · 
 · 

I just got the new Ballast book. I haven't thoroughly gone through it yet. There is a lot of old stuff from 4.0, yet there is also alot of new content I haven't seen before. The 5.0 book is 3/4" thicker then the 4.0 book. PPI recently gave me a discount code YARCH for Young Architect readers which will give 5% off all products on their website.

Architect Exam Prep should have a study guide out for the first division in a few days. 

Black Spectacles has been releasing 5.0 content.

I've been working on figuring out how to use 4.0 materials to study for 5.0 and will have some blog posts coming out about that soon. 

Oct 16, 16 8:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: