Archinect
anchor

Community college or University?

Yun_bw

Hi, 

I'm an International student, and I'm facing an decision whether to attend CC or Uni. I'm planning to apply to California CC and try to transfer to one of the UC or Cal Poly, it's kind of risky because I don't have a guarantee I will definitely transfer. On the other hand, I have the option to go to Uni. In return, the ranking of the uni might not be that good because my transcript is average and my ACT score was 21 dropped in English section (some reason uni is kind of optional about the ACT/SAT score for International), but my IGCSE 1A*, 3A, 3B was good as well as my IELTS band 7 (studied in a british school) and I will be doing my AS. What would you advise me to do? Getting really lost, and my parent is changing their mind daily. 

I applied to Diablo Valley College and Pasadena City College and planning to transfer to any these Universities in the list

-UCB, maybe UCLA but I don't think so, Cal Poly SLO/Pomona, USC, or Sci arc (not sure about private unis)

For universities that I will be planning to apply will be virginia tech (low chance), university of cincinnati, I might try my luck with Cal Poly SLO/Pomona. If possible please recommend me other uni for arch. 

PS: I'm doing Internship in an Architecture company (just learning new stuff and trying out programs)

Thank you.

Oct 10, 16 11:29 am
senjohnblutarsky

If you want to be a licensed architect, time at a community college won't do much for you.  It will give you somewhere to get your grades up, and knock out some core classes.  You'll still be required to do a full length program once you decide to go for the Architecture degree.  

Oct 10, 16 11:45 am  · 
 · 
Yun_bw

@senjohnblutarsky I'm doing community college just to boost my GPA tbh, but my parent assume I won't do good because of my ACT score. I feel I need sometime to think about if I really want to do architecture or not, since I still haven't experience the real thing, but so far I find it interesting.   

Oct 10, 16 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: