Archinect
anchor

Salary in Madrid, Spain

Veecee

Hi all,

I am an architect from India with 7 years work experience. I recently moved to Madrid and would like to know whats an average salary of a person with my work experience. I have B.arch degree, no masters degree. I don't know spanish yet but trying to learn.

Also, i would like to know if its easy to get architectural jobs here in Madrid.

Thank you

Oct 9, 16 3:38 pm
Non Sequitur
People actually work in Madrid?
Oct 9, 16 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

several english speaking firms in madrid, you should be in the EUR3k-4k range, not easy to get in, arquitectos in spain are a dime a dozen. learn spanish, look for something else to do in the meantime, and maybe sitck with it.

Oct 10, 16 9:56 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Spains economy is fucking horrible. 

Oct 10, 16 10:03 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

20% unemployed, true.

Oct 10, 16 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Its because everyone and their mother in Spain wants to be a designer...

Oct 10, 16 1:37 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Literally one of the worst places to be a designer at the moment, my colleagues all left Spain for the UK.

Oct 11, 16 5:42 am  · 
 · 
mgordeeva250

Really, it's not the best economic situation to look for a job in Spain right now. Though it's quite easy to learn Spanish, especially if you go to bars or festivals :)

Oct 13, 16 10:05 am  · 
 · 
Bench

There is no work in Spain, plain and simple. I worked a co-op in the remote Canadian arctic and we would literally get cold-calls from architects/designers in Spain and Italy asking for employment - and it wasn't infrequent either.

Oct 13, 16 11:46 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

good job.. move there first and then ask about job availability and salary xD  let us know if you're dumpster diving soon.

Oct 14, 16 7:25 pm  · 
 · 
Rbsm

from what i heard, there is nothing to do in madrid, everything's already built

Oct 15, 16 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
Veecee

Thank you all for the replies. I had to move here for personal reasons on a short notice.

Oct 19, 16 11:31 am  · 
 · 
Victhor

Spanish architects coming back home after 7 years in China can't find a job in Madrid. There's a famous job search website, infojobs, every job offer of architect in Madrid gets around 700-1000 applicants.

Maybe if you are outstanding in BIM, or 3d production you have a chance in big international firms or construction companies, working in foreign projects, but there are few of these in Madrid.

I graduated in Architecture in Madrid and after been really lucky to find a paid internship for 4 months (250€/month), I looked for a job and after 9 months without success, now I am in Shanghai.

Oct 24, 16 4:48 am  · 
 · 
Veecee

Thank you for your response Victhor

Oct 26, 16 7:15 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
250 per month is not a paid position.
Oct 26, 16 8:42 am  · 
 · 
That's just a slap in the face right there. Anyone offering that kind of money to me would get a look at my backside as I'm walking out the door, and trust me that's not a pretty sight.
Oct 26, 16 8:47 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Either that or be an unemployed architect in Spain...

Oct 26, 16 8:53 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Josh, I'm sure your backside is just peachy compared to the end of the month bills of the fool who works for $250 per month. Gosh, I'm pretty sure I make that per day.

Oct 26, 16 9:29 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Before or after tax?

Oct 26, 16 9:33 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

250EURO.. Better than dumpster diving to survive

Oct 26, 16 9:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: