Archinect
anchor

It's the Great Rip Off Charlie Brown

wurdan freo

Holy shit! I'm fucking over pumpkin farms.... Loved them when I was a kid and I got to slosh around in the mud with my slickers on. Picked up a sweet pumpkin for $.50... 

Now I go and I have to pay fucking admission.  $16x4 = $64 Just to get into the damn farm... fuck that shit!  I'll end up spending $200 for the fuckin' memories.. ah!!! the fucking hayride and the dumb old tire maze and some weird "rainbow" maze which is just a bunch of plywood that someone painted oh and the corn maze and the concessions and the fireworks... What?! fireworks for fucking Halloween.. are you fucking kidding me!!! I'm buying a $5 pumpkin from walmart this year. Done!

Oct 1, 16 1:38 am
gruen
Welcome to middle America.
Oct 1, 16 6:53 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

And the pumpkins aren't even anything great. They are small and lopsided. And if you carve one and put it on the porch, the squirrels will eat it and make a huge mess.

Oct 1, 16 9:59 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Cheer up. It's corduroy and flannel season.

Oct 1, 16 11:19 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

back in my day, pumpkins came right out of the ground.  if you didn't grow your own, you could go to a farm and pick one up for pennies.  didn't need hayrack rides or haunted houses or any of that.  a pumpkin was just a pumpkin.  it was a simpler time.

Oct 1, 16 11:25 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

^yup.  Everything has become so commercialized.  Kids are over stimulated.  Put me Outside with a stick and I was a happy kid...my kids need a million electronic devices and constant attractions to stay entertained....I used to jump on my mattress for fun...my kids go to a trampoline park....end of old guy rant.

Oct 1, 16 11:43 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i go to drumpf's pumpkin patch, and steal mine.

Oct 1, 16 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

if drumpf eats a pumpkin, is that cannibalism?

Oct 1, 16 2:13 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

Where does this charging for admission to a pumpkin farm happen?  I've never heard of that - guess it hasn't made its way to New England yet.  I'm not sure it can make it here - pumpkins aren't exactly rare, I've got them growing in my driveway and I didn't even plant any.

Oct 1, 16 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

I had to grow my own pumpkins as a kid.

Oct 1, 16 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Trump eats people

Oct 1, 16 3:23 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

admission? crazy.  i got a couple big pumpkins from costco, $5

Oct 3, 16 12:22 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Here's one example... 

http://andersonfarms.com/pricing/

after my rant... my wife found a mom and pop that's a bit more humble. I think we'll give them a try. 

Oct 3, 16 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

^ Thanks for the link, Wurdan.  I can't decide between Terror in the Corn or the Zombie Paintball Hunt

I'll probably go with the Zombie Paintball.  I can eat a can of corn at home and experience the terror privately the next morning.

Oct 3, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: