Archinect
anchor

Recommendation letter from who?

nis_nanz

I am currently doing my A level and planning to apply to a U.K. university for architecture. Who should I get my recommendation letter from if my subjects are Art and Design, Mathematics and Physics?

Sep 30, 16 2:49 am
Non Sequitur
Ask the queen.
Sep 30, 16 6:08 am  · 
 · 

The queen might want you to ask from whom you should get a letter of recommendation.

Sep 30, 16 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

The answer to this question is almost always the same.  

Ask the person who knows you well enough to comment on your abilities based on their ongoing observation of you-- hopefully, someone you've impressed.  To a group actually sorting through many applications and trying to make decisions, a generic and brief thumbs-up from a celebrity is much less useful than a specific and detailed recommendation from someone who's seen you  at work over time.

Sep 30, 16 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
ArchNyen

ask the queen: "How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail. And pour the waters of the Nile, on every golden scale. How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws. And welcomes little fishes in, with gently smiling jaws."

Oct 1, 16 9:18 pm  · 
 · 
situationist

a generic and brief thumbs-up from a celebrity is much less useful than a specific and detailed recommendation from someone who's seen you  at work over time.

unless you are applying to a "top" grad program...

Oct 2, 16 4:27 am  · 
 · 
citizen

^ True, and in which case every other form of normal logic is rendered useless, too.

Oct 2, 16 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: