Archinect
anchor

Consultant titleblock

JeromeS

Anybody have any definitive advice on how I can structure my titleblock?

I have a project for which I am the "design consultant".  I am licensed in two states but not NJ, where the project is located.  We have an AOR on the title block.  My question is;  can I identify myself as an architect in the titleblock, with my State license numbers and my firm name (which) includes the word "Architectural" without running afoul of the NJ State Board and some Balkinian complainant?

Sep 28, 16 3:46 pm

I faced a similar issue when a homeowner in California (where I don't have a license) contacted me about a small project that didn't require an architect's stamp. I called the licensing board to get some clarification on the issue, and they said it would be perfectly fine for me to pursue the project, but they also specifically said that my title block shouldn't have the word "architect" or any variation on it. I'd imagine the same advice would apply to your situation in New Jersey.

Sep 28, 16 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I found a set of drawings for a NJ project in my file in with HWKN (NY firm) listed "In Collaboration with" on the title block, devoid of any reference to architect/architectural. 

I think I'll use this approach and add the words "Registration NY / MD"

Sep 29, 16 9:21 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: