Archinect
anchor

Questions to ask on site visit

rbarr

Hello archi community!

Going on a site visit for my grad studio, just wanted to ask the archinect world if there are any unique questions you have learned to ask over the years. The scope of our studio project is a 300+ ft tall multi-use residential tower in a downtown setting. Our project site is currently under construction for a new marriot hotel, and we are conveniently going on a construction tour of the hotel later this week.

Aside from typical questions such as: location of utility hookups or size of footings, are there any ~less obvious~ questions that are useful to ask on your one and only site visit of a project? 

thanks in advance 

Sep 20, 16 10:41 pm
b3tadine[sutures]

How much money did you need to pay off the local neighborhood organizations, or city council members? Or, how many living wage jobs will be created, and how many non-market rate units will be supplied, due to the construction of this "building"?

Sep 20, 16 10:47 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

^  Why would you ask a hotel developer how many "non-market rate units will be supplied"?  It's not an apartment project.

Sep 21, 16 8:46 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]
Ehh...I guess I could ask why visit a site of a hotel, when you're doing a studio on a 300' residential tower.
Sep 21, 16 9:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: