Archinect
anchor

Interior architecture undergraduate programs

I'm an incoming freshman and was accepted to both University of Texas Austin Interior Design program and University of Oregon Interior Architecture program.  I chose to go to the University of Oregon because I live in Oregon and will get in state tuition plus I got a $24,000 merit based scholarship so I am looking at $100,000.00 for their five year Bachelor of Interior Architecture degree. I did not get a scholarship for Texas and I would be looking at $200,000.00  for their four year Bachelor of Science in Interior Design. I'm still wondering if I made the right choice.  Any thoughts?

Sep 17, 16 12:57 am
Non Sequitur

$100k to $200k to learn how to pick furniture from a catalog and move cubicles around does not seem like a smart investment.

Sep 17, 16 5:12 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

As neither one appears to make you eligible to eventually get an architectural license, I suggest Oregon because it is less expensive.

Putting the name 'interior architecture" on an interior design program is misleading to say the least.

Sep 18, 16 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
knock knock

Non Sequitur, could you not answer every thread before everybody with your demeaning and sarcastic posts? You must be a real jerk with low self esteem. In fact, you are as bad as your nemesis Richard Balkins.

How the hell you came up with "$100k to $200k to learn how to pick furniture from a catalog and move cubicles around does not seem like a smart investment"​ ? Do you really think that's all what the interior designers do?

Sep 18, 16 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
^yes.
Sep 18, 16 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

well at U of O you can go into the M.arch program w/ advanced standing after the Interior Arch degree and get your license

Sep 19, 16 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

Based on what Beepbeep says, that's another good reason to go to Oregon instead of Austin.

Sep 20, 16 12:19 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: