Archinect
anchor

How can I becaome and Building Survey (As-Built) contractor?

rbsouthbay@gmail.com

Hello,

My name is Bobby.

I am looking to possibly begin a small side business providing building surveys for real estate and appraisal company. What certifications or licensing is required? Where can I get the proper training or certs necessary? I feel like I am having a hard time finding information on this subject via google. Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Sep 13, 16 12:20 pm
Non Sequitur

So you want to start a service business but are not trained or certified in said service?

Sep 13, 16 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I'm not sure that anything is required beyond a surveyors stamp.  

Do you want to survey the interior or the exterior?

If interior, some companies may have their own internal training, but there's nothing formal that I know of.  For example, Kroger has someone do interior measurements of their stores to verify clearances, no idea how these people are hired though

Sep 13, 16 12:35 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

1. Buy $150,000 laser scanner and software

2. Make $$$$

Sep 13, 16 1:11 pm  · 
 · 

Wasn't Google or Trimble (or someone) working on some project for 3d scanning from your phone's/tablet's camera just by moving around in a space? Is that available yet?

Sep 13, 16 2:31 pm  · 
 · 

This is what I was thinking of https://matterport.com/matterport-and-google-atap-project-tango/

Sep 13, 16 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I thought a theodolite was the appropriate tool?

Sep 13, 16 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

RB are your initials hey...hmmm

Sep 13, 16 2:49 pm  · 
 · 

Sep 13, 16 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
DeTwan

^lol

Sep 14, 16 11:08 am  · 
 · 
mtdew

Create a descent website and a methodology for pricing. I don't think there is a license required for as built surveys. Plans, interior/exterior elevations. As long as you do not get involved with land surveys, I think you are safe. 

Sep 14, 16 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

I was contacted by one of our clients to give him a quote to do the same and then he told me he had http://www.idplans.com/ give him a quote as well and wanted me to match it. I told him to go ahead and hire them, knowing they are in Florida and no way could they do it for the quoted price. 

Sep 15, 16 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: