Archinect
anchor

READ THE PEOPLE’S CBO – PROPOSAL A ON THE NOVEMBER BALLOT

awaiting_deletion

interested. thoughts. what do you know. http://www.detroitpeoplesplatform.org/read-the-peoples-cbo-proposal-a-on-the-november-ballot/

Sep 7, 16 8:10 am
Volunteer

Is there an English translation available?

Sep 7, 16 8:40 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

I read the A version in full on subway and moving on to the extended B....Volunteer its actually quite casual and soft for ordinance langauge. My summary of it after first read is "If you as a private developer are going to take advantage of public financial incentives then you need to take care of same public." Its a loosely written, my opinion, "anti-gentrification" ordinance at least with regards on how "community" and "public" are taken advantage of in development and a demand for benefiting the community that will benefit the developer/private investor. From a standpoint of working with NYC type developers, I see too many opportubities for the developer to legally wriggle themselves out of it. I do like this though and want to know more.

Sep 7, 16 11:26 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

Total nightmare from a development perspective as if doing development in Detroit weren't hard enough already. It's almost sure to pass and will grind to a halt even most small-scaled mixed use projects.

Sep 7, 16 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

link doesn't work for me....

I think just the tip of the iceberg in a potential conflict between the "rich/white/college grad" downtown vs the rest of the city. 

Sep 7, 16 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: