Archinect
anchor

DVD/Blue Ray/CD sized Jewel cases for SD cards?

nabrU

I've just been searching for a nice way to deliver digital files to clients, and apart from long term archive like m-disc. (which most people probably won't have an optical drive for to read now). I'd really like to have the option for a CD/DVD sized case but instead of containing optical media it would have an SD card. The reason I want an oversized case for the media itself is that it leaves scope to make some nice artwork and would seem a bit more of a gift when sending out.

Does anyone know if there's anything out there to buy that can do this?

I've searched Google briefly to no avail.

I ask here because it might be useful to other if anyone has a solution.

Cheers.

Sep 6, 16 7:49 pm
kimsmitherman

Hi Sam, i have found some.

Contact me if intersted on facebook

Sep 12, 16 7:20 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Why not meet him in a dark alley next to some dumpsters?
Sep 12, 16 9:06 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

NS, abandoned warehouses can protect you from inclement weather...

i would go with a thumb drive rather than SD card, since it's a more standard format and therefore more likely to be closer to future proof.  packaging can be an envelope.  could even be a fancy envelope.

Sep 12, 16 9:27 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

True Curt... plus the echo from leaking pipes adds to the salesman ambiance.

Sep 12, 16 9:48 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

Why not an external hard drive.  Apparently not much more than $10 these days.  You could put a nice graphic on the box.  Put your logo on the drive itself with some nice vinyl.

Its got the size and heft that less likely to get lost compared to a thumbdrive. And it seems really fancy...

Sep 12, 16 11:43 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Jerome, that's just the case. You need to buy the compatible harddrive separately.

Sep 12, 16 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

pick a different one then...

Sep 12, 16 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: