Archinect
anchor

Applying for M.Arch with no professional experience

cemoore

How significant is professional experience in an M.Arch application? Or rather, how bad does it look to not have any at all? I completed my BSD in architectural studies, but I wasn't planning on continuing in the field; therefore, my 6+ years of employment are completely unrelated to architecture. After careful consideration I've changed my mind and will be applying for M.Arch programs, but without even an internship. I know I may have screwed the pooch on this one, but I'm looking for work right now to gain experience before December deadlines. Will my lack of experience/last-ditch efforts seriously impact my applications? 

Sep 5, 16 2:47 am
aminmarandi

I think its better to have at least one year of experience not just to apply for M.Arch but to find out in which field of architecture you would like to study and continue your career .

Sep 5, 16 4:45 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Most M.arch applicants have very little to zero real-work experience, so don't let yours stop you.  With that said, why jump back into architecture now?... you'll be right at the bottom.  Plenty has changed and ridiculous debt aside, you'll be competing with graduates much younger following graduation.

Sep 5, 16 8:14 am  · 
 · 

I would indeed take a long hard look at your romantic dream of "architecture", the moment has passed, move on with yourself. 

Sep 5, 16 9:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: