Archinect
anchor

ARB Part 2 Exemption

Ose Etomi

Hi,

I did my Part 1 in the UK, but then decided to do my M.Arch in America. I'm planning on coming back to the UK afterwards to do my part 3. Before leaving for the states called both RIBA and ARB and was told I would need a Part 2 Exemption Exam when I come back before I do my Part 3.

Has anyone else done this route before? Part 1 in the UK, Part 2 in America, Part 3 in the UK? I would love to hear other people's experiences and hear about how easy or difficult it is.

Thank you

Sep 3, 16 6:30 pm
Architect with a suitcase

I believe the EU ruled that you can sit your Part I, 2 and 3 in any order. That means to take Part 3 you do not need part 2. The RIBA-USA are starting a Part 3 course in New York in 2016-17. The person to contact about that course is Alison. She is the person that understand this issues that those of us that move around the world face. https://www.architecture.com/RIBA/Becomeanarchitect/Route%20to%20becoming%20an%20architect/PracticalexperienceandPart3/Contact.aspx

Sep 5, 16 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: