Archinect
anchor

Sample Portfolio for M.Arch

ncschulz

I'm planning on applying to a M.Arch program next year but am struggling to put together my portfolio. I'm not studying for a B.Arch currently so I don't really have any renderings, but I've heard that people with non-architectural backgrounds often apply with other arts samples (photography, paintings, ceramics, etc.) and can get into certain M.Arch programs. 

Does anyone have a sample portfolio or simply any advice about what should be going into my portfolio?

Thanks,

Natalie 

Aug 30, 16 7:29 pm
Non Sequitur

Is google broken?

Aug 30, 16 10:00 pm  · 
 · 
Renzo's Piano
Lol, non.

Seriously though, google M.Arch application portfolios. Issuu.com should have a bunch.

As for what should go in the portfolio, each school tells you what to put in it on their admissions page. In the amount of time it took you to write this question, you could have had multiple tabs open with all your answers.
Aug 30, 16 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
march'17

Non Sequitur / DeTwain 

No offense, do you hate architecture something? It seems like you guys have nothing good to say about architecture but still reply to people's questions with your opinions. Do you guys work in architecture? Why so negative toward architecture consistently? Besides when answering repeated questions from lazy users. I am just curious.  

Aug 31, 16 10:01 am  · 
 · 
ncschulz

i give up 

Sep 2, 16 1:38 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Lazy people deserve a little ridicule sometimes. Plenty of positive things to say by the way, just not here.
Sep 2, 16 3:20 am  · 
 · 

Hi Natalie, here is a book that might be helpful for you it includes dozens of project examples that are non-architecture related including sculpture, art, photography, fashion, sculpting, drawing, etc.

Sep 9, 16 10:18 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

i give up 

3 days an Architect.

pro-tip: issuu.com is your friend.

Sep 10, 16 12:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: