Archinect
anchor

I'd like to get some constructive criticism on my portfolio

martynas1

Hello everyone,

so for the past year I have been working in a small architecture office in Lithuania and now trying to apply to foreign offices (to be more specific offices in Denmark and Netherlands). I spent quite some time putting my portfolio together, trying to make it as concise as possible but also showing my best skills. Since I only have been working for a year, I haven't done many big projects which I could show off so I'm also putting my academic work which I believe displays my thinking and understanding towards architecture in somewhat different perspective than the one used and needed in a professional work. By doing so, I also assumed that employers would be interested to see how much I have progressed and where I stand now.

Having worked in an office and read numerous applications from recent architecture graduates I have noticed that large portfolios usually get ignored or not taken seriously due to massive amounts of information and time needed to really understand the idea behind every project. For that reason, my portfolio only consists of 5 projects (3 academic and 2 professional). My 2 best professional works are basically interior projects and I do not have any interesting commercial/public/residential projects to show (I have done a few but they are nothing anyone would be interested in).

I have removed my CV and cover letter pages from this portfolio since I don't want to share those details and maybe even get plagiarised (I've also spent quite some time on structuring my cover letter and putting it into words that sound interesting). So for this thread, I'm only waiting for criticism towards actual work - anything that catches your eye. Thanks. 

Link to portfolio: https://www.scribd.com/document/322150036/Portfolio

Aug 25, 16 10:46 am
martynas1

Yeah, the more I look at it now the more I dislike it. I kind of tried to create this grid of 1cm going from each side and through the center lines of the page but it seems it doesn't read easily in such layout. Thanks for pointing that out .

Aug 25, 16 5:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: