Archinect
anchor

"Place-Experience" exploring the phenomenological process of place making.

raviumraniya

i am currently working on my thesis, the research question is to understand the place phenomenon, the phenomenological process of place making. 

which i plane to attain through following objectives,  
1) Locating the genius loci (spirit of place) of the place to create a tool to construct design agenda.
2) Identifying temporal inalienability present/constitute in the place.
3) Referring to the cinematic way of interpreting place to bring about the learning of the place making.

​here first two objectives are derived from the understanding of place, as it's underlying-interwoven structure is the construct of three aspects,
first, the material environment, including both its natural and human-made dimensions; second, people-in-place, including individual and group actions, intentions, and meanings; and, third, spirit of place, or genius loci.

from which a place in its being can be understood from looking at, the essence of the place and people in place can be studied from observing and interviewing individual and groups present and part of the place.

the cinema has explored phenomenology in many ways, some films also provides evidence of those exploration, they present strong notion of sense of place, and even evoking sensorial experience to viewer, making them empathizing with the story or character or generating strong sense of place-experience, as if viewer is present at the site and created.
which we can see in some films like,
1) the fall
2) midnight in pairs
3) the shining

so what i hope these films can provide me with the tool for place making along with leanings from study of the place.

Aug 23, 16 2:25 pm
cipyboy

for some reason, on a larger scope, Charlie Countryman fits the whole experiential thing.

on a much smaller scale, I'd recommend The Lake House (NOT the Keanu Reeves one but the Korean original)

Aug 23, 16 4:36 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: