Archinect
anchor

Learning Revit

Seanieh61
I've just started my journey into Revit.
Been an AutoCAD man on/off for a good few years.
But would not call myself an Acad expert one bit.....
I'm very lucky in that I'm in a position I can take a year sabbatical and learn Revit.
I've subscribed to three online course providers and I'm all set to go.
I'd like to ask you, my peers, is 12 months enough? If I bash away everyday and practice will I get to a reasonable standard?
I've been doing it for a week so far and have learnt a lot but I appreciate the learning curves alter as the complexity increases.
I would be very grateful of your advice and opinions on this, I like the online courses but maybe a decent book as a back up????
All the best
Sean (UK)

Aug 7, 16 2:04 pm
GabrielleBovard

Hey Sean!  Not sure how you never got an answer, but I'll chime in probably a little late.  You can learn a lot in a year with Revit if you are really dedicated to your study.  Play around in it, build models, consider phasing, design options, different views and family/component creation.  To be honest, I would worry a bit less about rendering for now--Revit can do a lot in that area, but it is far from advanced and even a bit clunky.  You'll probably be exporting to other programs for that in the future.  Best of luck--you'll have plenty of time to be very proficient by the end of your year!

Mar 2, 17 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: