Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review

Hi everyone, it would be great if I could get some feedback on an abridged version of my portfolio. I'm looking to apply for graduate school and feel it still needs ALOT of work, but don't know how to improve it.

Thanks

Portfolio

Aug 6, 16 9:58 pm
BulgarBlogger

I sometimes don't know why I waste my time reviewing portfolios, but I genuinely feel like it is a calling of mine to try to save people from ruining their careers by giving them feedback on what is obviously one of the most important parts of an architectural job application: the portfolio.

In your case, I sincerely believe that you have a lot to work on.

1) Your large-scale renderings are okay, but what I don't understand is your concept. I am not sure what is your intervention/building/design/concept vis a vis existing conditions. I am not sure why you are proposing what you are proposing.

2) Your diagrams lack sufficient information in order to make them effective as tools of communicating your design intent/process.

3) No one reads text, so to depend on diagrams to communicate ideas means that your method of representation should be self-explanatory. Currently, the pages appear like they are populated with a bunch of random ideas that are not completed.

Aug 7, 16 12:09 am  · 
 · 
MinimalCrazy

dead link

Aug 7, 16 3:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: