Archinect
anchor

Developer path

Patrickson

I am about to finish my studies (i live in Argentina) and i have been wondering which career path should i follow.  I studied architecture because i wanted a job that i would enjoy, and dont get me wrong i like architecture very much but i wouldn´t say it is my passion. Most of the architects i know also dont make much money (except a few with their own firms), so ive been more and more interested in the real estate development path, i think this is a path that would result in more money, and that i would enjoy a lot.

I was wondering if someon could share their insight on which steps should i take and what should i be looking for (studies and job employment). There is an interesting masters program in a local university about real estate development for architects. I am also considering a masters degree in finance, which i think would also help me (both in the developer path and managing personal investments), or even an MBA.

I would like to get any information from people who do something of this sort for a living, and any recommendation on which masters degree to pursue. Thank you very much!! 

Aug 1, 16 2:56 pm
s=r*(theta)

If all you care about is $$$$ then definitely go the developer path.

I would recommend some knowledge of finances, because development for the most part is a numbers game, infact some residential developers have a program that tells them how many apartments they need in a building at a certain sq.ft. to make a certain amount of money

the architecture degree will help you possibly get a job for a developer, then you have to be on top of crunching numbers, and also having a good understanding of constrcutability will help also.

Aug 1, 16 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: