Archinect
anchor

What is the best laptop for Architecture student and Professional work. 2016

Good Day everyone, i am looking for a Laptop for my Masters in Architecture and Professional work, a laptop that i will use for the next 5 years if i can.

please feel free to provide any feedback or information that could be helpful. 

my main concern is for the laptop to not lag or to take longer time to process things than a desktop. 

Programs expecting to be used: 

Rhino + grasshopper - modeling (algorithmic calculations)

Autodesk - CAD, Revit, Maya, MAX - rendering

Adobe Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, ect.  

Lumion - animations

i recently purchased a Mobile Precision 7510 XCTO BASE, with following specs

Intel® Core™ i7-6920HQ (Quad Core 2.90GHz, 3.80GHz Turbo, 8MB 45W, w/Intel HD Graphics 530)

346-BBRH1Smartcard Reader

490-BCPK1Nvidia® Quadro® M2000M w/4GB GDDR5

391-BCFI115.6" UltraSharp™ FHD IPS Touch (1920x1080) Wide View LED-backlit, camera and microphone

370-ACSV132GB, DDR4-2133MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMMS, Non-ECC

400-AFGV1512GB 2.5 inch SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive

some problem dell had with Windows and their software not being compatible with the hardware.but as i received the laptop, the mouse-pad kept freezing and lagging, this was a concern i had and had to troubleshoot the laptop and eventually send it back, the problem is that the laptop software was not install properly and the hardware was faulty. 

is there another laptop that is similar or better than this one 

thank you for your time everyone.

Best

Daniel 

Jul 29, 16 2:06 pm
Non Sequitur

Sounds good. By 4 of them and tape them together. Quad power!

also, a laptop to last 5y? What a dreamer.

Jul 29, 16 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

all things Alienware

Jul 29, 16 6:32 pm  · 
 · 

What model from Alienware perhaps you have some experience or anyone with Alienware , I know it's a gamer computer and I have read some forums about gamer computers video card not being so functional with architecture programs. Any feedback ? 

Jul 30, 16 11:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: