Archinect
anchor

Net addition question

dilei

Hi all, I have a question regards to my project. The project in Bay Area California. I need to demolish 1267 sq ft of the house and build up 1900 sq ft of new house area. How should I define my addition area. Is the whole 1900 sq ft considered as my addition or the net 633 sq ft as my addition area. If possible, please include the code regards to addition area. I really appreciate it  

Jul 29, 16 10:49 am
chigurh

go ask a planner, any advice you get here isn't going to jive with your local jurisdiction. balkins will write an essay on it anyways.

Jul 29, 16 10:58 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Dilei, you should have hired an architect.

Jul 29, 16 11:36 am  · 
 · 
JeromeS

I think Christopher Lowell covered that in an HGTV segment...

Jul 29, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
jeiffert

Chigurh, while potentially entertaining, I'm not sure that jiving with the local jurisdiction would be very productive.  Jibe, maybe?   

Jul 29, 16 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

Yeah- why don't you hire an architect asshole?

Jul 29, 16 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

when does a little bear shit in the woods?

Jul 29, 16 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
haruki

dilie, as the other posters indicated this is jurisdiction specific information that you are asking about on a website that has an international reach and in any case this is something your architect should be able to answer for you if he or she is at all competent. 

Jul 29, 16 7:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: