Archinect
anchor

Architecture or interior architecture ?

Hala98
Hello
I have graduated high school in May .. And my university will start in August .. I applied for architecture .. But now I'm thinking about changing my major and go for interior architecture and design .. Everyone told me that interior architecture have a better future and easier to find jobs for and more fun .. From the very begging I wanted to apply for interior architecture and design but I applied for architecture because as a major it's stronger and people told me if you study architecture you can work as an interior architect and designer .. While if you studied interior you can work on building a building .. And other people told me that why would you waste your time on architecture then work as a designer , what do you think ? What should I do now ? And what's the better major ( for finding jobs) ?
And if an architecture and interior architecture applied for a interior architecture job would they choose the architect or the interior architect? People told me architect can do both .. If it's true why would they need interior designers if the architect would do the whole building from outside and inside ?

Jul 25, 16 6:48 am
Non Sequitur
Was there not sufficient information in the other threads or are you just too lazy to read through? If the later is the case, then perhaps int-des is the better and easier route for you.

Architecture will allow you to work in all aspects of design. Int-design does not require much formal training and is rather limited to finishes and moving cubicles around.
Jul 25, 16 7:40 am  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

I have degrees in both and it is great, but I would recommend either you do both or architecture. Do not just do interior design or you will be coming up short, you need a M.arch or B.arch in addition to your B.sc ID.

Jul 25, 16 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
Hala98
Thank you both so much ❤️
Jul 25, 16 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: