Archinect
anchor

is it too late?

andienando

I've always wanted to study architecture. I had an accident after graduating high school several years in a coma, several years in physical therapy after waking up. Finally I'm completely recovered and 36 years old. Is it too late to get into studying architecture?

Jul 20, 16 1:11 am
Koww

probably. trump is almost president, etc.

Jul 20, 16 1:34 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Nope, never too late. Applications for next fall are due in December to February, best get started. 

Jul 20, 16 3:53 am  · 
 · 
nicholass817

My dad started architecture school in the 70's, but quit to work 2 jobs in order to support us.  

He is finally returning to school in the fall....he is 60...  So, no it's never too late.  Just proceed with passion and don't get discouraged.  

Jul 20, 16 7:17 am  · 
 · 
ArchiEvo

Mate it's never too late.

It's amazing that you still have the desire.

If it doesn't take much of your time, I want to ask you one question.

"Why do you want to become an architect?"

It would be great to hear from you. 

TK

ArchiEvo

Jul 20, 16 8:16 am  · 
 · 

Of course it's not too late and good luck! 

Jul 25, 16 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
no_form

it's not too late.  but please dig deeper into what this field is before committing to going back to school for it.  try to shadow a local office or talk architects in real life, not here.  

Jul 25, 16 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Never too late, and your desire to do so after all you've been through is admirable.  Good luck.  

Jul 25, 16 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Read:  Architect?   by Roger Lewis first.  

Jul 25, 16 5:16 pm  · 
 · 

yes.

Jul 25, 16 7:16 pm  · 
 · 
Volunteer

No, it is not too late, but the profession may have changed in the years you were recovering. I would consider going to a large school that has both architecture and related disciplines like landscape architecture, interior architecture, interior design, industrial design, civil engineering, construction management, and real estate development. Use your first year or so to talk with students and professors in the different areas to make an informed decision. Good luck!

Jul 26, 16 2:54 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Its not too late, but do you really want to get into a trainwreck of a profession after, essentially getting a second chance at life? If yes, do it!

Jul 26, 16 4:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: