Archinect
anchor

Pokemon Go

Non Sequitur

So people spend real money to get a mostly completed game?

Sep 14, 16 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

that's no different than autocad or revit.  it's called 'software as a service" or SaaS since we like acronyms.  you niether buy, nor own, the software you're paying for.  as part of that, you don't get a finished product, you get an evolving product.

Sep 14, 16 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curt, looks like the post I replied to got deleted. It was someone selling pre-played pokemon go accounts so you could... I don't know, brag to your friends about your fake phone app accomplishements?

Perhaps I should buy a pre-checked in Untapd account and boast my beer experiences to all you peasants?

Sep 14, 16 1:58 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

... or sell your untapped profile, so you can make piles of money and someone else can get bragging rights?

i misunderstood your post then.  that would be called 'pay to win' (or p2w since we like acronyms).  it actually makes the game more true-to-life.

Sep 14, 16 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

true-to-life is weird.

I'd rather drink my way to success rather than cheat. It's tastier and more fun.

Sep 14, 16 2:24 pm  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Thereserbax, are you a retard?

Feb 17, 17 6:44 am  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

the bots are getting stranger around here archiwut

Feb 17, 17 8:09 am  · 
 · 

Tryed it once, got annoyed immediately, got rid of it. Didn't stop people thinking I was playing it while checking Google Maps

If nothing else it was an interesting experiment of augumented reality on a global scale and of what madnessn could ensued by it, but maybe not too much ot of the ordinary when a new fad goes viral. Not sure what was more fascinating, that it was inherently satanic or inherently racist (http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/07/23/news/black-lives-matter-accuse-pokemon-go-of-inherent-racism-no-seriously/1596.html)

Feb 19, 17 4:18 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: