Archinect
anchor

What's your morning breakfast at the desk?

archiwutm8

English breakfast tea and digestive biscuits. Failing that you should give up on life.

Jul 11, 16 4:05 am
Bench

I literally never saw this before moving to the UK. That being said, I like to make some breakfast-wraps at the start of the week and take a couple each morning. Add a protein shake if I've been to the gym before work. And a forte latte, of course (we have a maker in our lounge).

Jul 11, 16 4:17 am  · 
 · 
A.I.

Raspberry Jellydonut + Coffee

Jul 11, 16 4:32 am  · 
 · 
Ryan4788

Oat meal and boiled egg. Healthy diet.

Jul 11, 16 5:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Oats, A tone of blueberries and black coffee.
Jul 11, 16 6:19 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

A.I - Jelly donuts? you mean jam right?

Jul 11, 16 7:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
I forgot to add an unhealthy serving off Balkins bullshit. It's like there is an everlasting supply or someone keeps filling my pantry at night.
Jul 11, 16 7:38 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

i eat 2 fried eggs with lots of coffee while reading the newspaper (tablet) before coming in to work

Jul 11, 16 9:19 am  · 
 · 

Tea sounds lovely but please. Coffee, black, and thick.

I graze all day, so a piece of toast before work, yogurt (the official food of women) at 10am, lunch at noon, snack at 3, another snack and glass of wine at 5, dinner at 8.

Jul 11, 16 9:24 am  · 
 · 

4 baby carrots, 1/8 of a sliced apple and and 2 sips of juice prior to the walk in to the office. Then I get serious with 1 chocolate chip cookie and a cup of coffee before meeting people.

Jul 11, 16 9:36 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Toast and coffee when i get there. Then yogurt at 9:45.

Today, though, i don't have a job. So it's a Leffe and sitting on the porch.

Jul 11, 16 9:43 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

You Americans are doing it all wrong, you need tea in your life.

Jul 11, 16 9:48 am  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

Most mornings I make a low-carb breakfast with eggs and lots of veggies, but I don't eat at my desk if I can help it. Lots of black coffee, water and herbal tea throughout the day.

My wife and I actually have a Tumblr account to document our culinary successes: http://ridgepondkitchen.tumblr.com/, in case anyone is interested. 

Jul 11, 16 10:58 am  · 
 · 
curtkram

have you tried coffee arch?  that stuff is awesome.

Jul 11, 16 11:24 am  · 
 · 
nicholass817

Healthy at home (when the wife and kids are there to call me out) with steel cut oats, ground flax seed, crushed walnuts, berries of some sort and almond milk....eating brownies leftover from a marketing event we hosted last night at the desk now.  

Jul 11, 16 11:39 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I'm with Curt on this one. Tea is weak... black coffee is straight-up pure jesus awesome juice. Feel the godly tingle!

Jul 11, 16 11:46 am  · 
 · 
archiwutm8

Coffee on the way to work > tea when you get to the office > tea at 11am > tea after lunch > tea at 2pm > tea at 3pm > tea at around 4:30pm > go home and have a cuppa tea.

Jul 11, 16 11:56 am  · 
 · 

A mocha carefully crafted by an aloof hipster and an almond croissant.

Jul 11, 16 11:59 am  · 
 · 

I recently received a loose tea that is intended to be sipped all day. The first cup is incredibly intense and smokey, more aggressive than coffee in the nasal cavities. But as you continue to pour water over the leaves the course of the day it mellows and changes "color."

Sadly, I can't enjoy it at work because it is so demanding of my attention. 

Jul 11, 16 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Eggs and black coffee. I make a pot of coffee, pour a cup, then it sits on the desk until it gets cold, then I pour a new one, repeat. I know, it is so wasteful. Then I have brunch at about 10 or 11 and linner at 3:30 or 4. 

Jul 11, 16 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
Dangermouse

I prefer mate, but then I end up being 'that guy' with one of these at his desk:

Jul 11, 16 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
JLC-1

before leaving home, coffee and cereal w berries, but real coffee, not that sock water they drink in the US.

Jul 11, 16 12:42 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

I try to avoid desk breakfast when I can. My days are so much better when I start my mornings with a relaxing breakfast at home.

Usually I'll make an egg sandwich or scramble, 2 cups of coffee, and some light reading. Honestly it's worth waking up 30 minutes earlier to avoid rushing to the office.

Jul 11, 16 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
tduds

On weekends I prefer the Hunter S Thompson approach:

“Breakfast is the only meal of the day that I tend to view with the same kind of traditionalized reverence that most people associate with Lunch and Dinner. I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty-four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas or at home — and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed — breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: four Bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crepes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef hash with diced chiles, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert… Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty-four hours and at least one source of good music… All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of a hot sun, and preferably stone naked.”

Jul 11, 16 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
Wood Guy

"Sock water"! Good one.

I have a good friend who lives mostly in Bali but travels around the Pacific islands regularly, as he works for himself and can work from anywhere. His hobby/side business is seeking out the smallest, highest quality growers of coffee beans in the mountains of whatever island he is on, roasts the beans himself and sends them to a few lucky fellow coffee snobs such as myself. 

When I told someone that story recently they thought that receiving custom-roasted coffee from the other side of the world was the "whitest sounding thing they have ever heard!" I can't disagree. The coffee is very good, though. @JavaNomad on facebook in case anyone is interested. 

Jul 11, 16 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Dangermouse, mate cocido is the way to go if you, or your boss(es)/coworker(s), are uncomfortable with the 'paraphernalia' on your desk.

I miss those days when I could have mate and fresh facturas every morning.

Now it is usually some fruit and mate cocido.

Jul 11, 16 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Why have breakfast at your desk? I never have any food in front of the computer unless there is an imminent deadline. 

Jul 11, 16 7:39 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

i always keep peanut butter filled pretzels by the desk. 

Jul 11, 16 7:54 pm  · 
 · 

Slice me off another piece of coffee.

Jul 11, 16 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
Fivescore

I try not to eat at my desk or in my car, both because of crumbs and because my Dr. says both are associated with poor nutrition and too many empty calories.  When I eat at my desk it's usually almonds, and grapefruit slices, and coffee.

Jul 11, 16 11:24 pm  · 
 · 
greatescape

This morning was fried eggs, black strong coffee and a good vape.

Jul 12, 16 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: