Archinect
anchor

can you give me some ideas on how to fix up my house?

Sponty,

Ok, 

I think they have it more as provisions than as hard line rules.  The codified rules leaves it up to the local official to use his/her discretion. I think they are more concerned about competent plans submitted and protecting HSW than they are about policing academic degrees a person has. They have better things to do than police degrees and are mostly concern with people doing architectural work does competent work.

The site you referenced is also only quasi-true on that. 

Jul 12, 16 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
You know what this house needs? A moat, a bridge, and a troll.
Jul 12, 16 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

got the troll part down!

Jul 12, 16 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

Reindeer would be good, inside the moat, with the kangaroos.

Jul 12, 16 11:18 pm  · 
 · 

JBeaumont, 

The problem is the structure of that database entry is not thorough or in-depth analysis. Local jurisdictions are authorized to assess if the responsible designer has a certain degrees. It's like the building officials of local jurisdictions can require complex houses to be designed by either an architect/engineer or a certified building designer. 

Most of the jurisdictions are probably more concern that competently prepared plans are submitted to them than not. Therefore, if you submit competent plans that meets the regulatory requirements, they are probably going to accept the plans and you as the responsible designer whether or not you have a Masters of Architecture degree from Norway.

Jul 12, 16 11:20 pm  · 
 · 
I completely forgot about the kangaroos. The front porch should become a puch apartment for all the joeys.

I wonder if this troll would berate everyone that comes by telling them that he is a licensed troll when he hasn't completed troll school or the troll exam.
Jul 12, 16 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

He can call himself Troll and advertise Troll Services as long as the house is in American Samoa. In my experience that's not the ideal climate for reindeer, but we discount experience because the law allows us to ignore all inconvenient information. Also the law is in Samoan, so it says whatever we like to think it means.

Jul 12, 16 11:38 pm  · 
 · 
All I know is that reindeer is good eatin'. Mmmmmmmm.
Jul 12, 16 11:51 pm  · 
 · 

JBeaumont,

I am cross checking what people (including you) are saying with the actual laws and regulations in Norway (or any of other countries) even at local jurisdiction level.

Who am I going to hold more weight? Olso, Norway (for example of a local government within Norway) and Norway's government......... or you.

Jul 13, 16 12:18 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

Norway has a law that specifically states no Richard Balkins allowed within 500 kms of land.  Therefore you lose.  Kangaroos!  

Jul 13, 16 12:27 am  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

Next, Richard will be claiming he is big in Japan. 

It's a shame threads like this have the effect of running off real designers.  We've lost people who legitimately contributed here. (Granted, some of them we a little more brash than others.)

The vast majority of the recent content of this forum doesn't look good for the profession. 

Jul 13, 16 8:02 am  · 
 · 
JBeaumont

JBeaumont,

I am cross checking what people (including you) are saying with the actual laws and regulations in Norway (or any of other countries) even at local jurisdiction level.

That is more evidence of your egregious lack of reading comprehension, since I said nothing whatsoever about the laws and regulations of Norway.  I've never been to Norway or any of the rest of Scandinavia.  If I did have interest in working there I'd seek out others who have worked there and pick their brains.  I would not rely on auto-translations of things I find on google.  But that's just me.  I know you will carry forth in your trademark stubborn hot-head blustering manner.  Look how far that's gotten you lo these past 15 years.

Jul 13, 16 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Rick,

Why don't you enter the Tri An Monument Competition?

It costs $35 and you do not need to be licensed to enter.

Jul 13, 16 10:44 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

"Who am I going to hold more weight? Olso, Norway (for example of a local government within Norway) and Norway's government......... or you."

Is there really an Olso, Norway?

Aug 2, 16 1:45 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

Any chance Rick  is Per?

Aug 2, 16 1:47 am  · 
 · 
cipyboy

give credit when credit is due. RickOB-OR seems like he's knows a lot and did a tremendous effort researching on loopholes and what not( reading from other threads etc). 

But the question is, why don't you just divert that effort to taking the ARE's and be over with?

and by the way, that house- with a little creativity and painting, would pass off as a daycare center would you think?

Aug 2, 16 8:49 am  · 
 · 
gruen
Rick is not per.
Aug 2, 16 9:07 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: