Archinect
anchor

B.Sc in CM post grad career path

Ogrik

About to graduate with a bachelor in construction management in December and am thinking about what I really want to do with my career/profession.

I've interned with general contractors and electrical contractors but I am not sure if I really enjoy the work I am doing. Don't get me wrong, I still love the fact that I am involved in building and creating things but I feel that the GC work lacks design and creativity. I want to work and build from my own blank canvas and not build someone els's work.

Should I just dive into start working on small residential developments on my own and build my portfolio and gain experience working with architects, contractors, and learn the finances on my own,  or go get a MRED and learn the finances before diving in, or go get a MArch and learn to become a design professional?

I've looked in to Woodbury Univ for their programs in architecture and development, I feel that MRED programs are more focused on accounting and finances and I would again be left without the artistic component.

Are there anyone out there that did a CM undergrad and moved into an MArch?

Jun 17, 16 2:44 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: