Archinect
anchor

Master Builder Mastermind - Revit User Group

thelbco

To My Fellow Master Builders,

If you have been to the LARUG Meetup, you know it's a room full of some of the most advanced Revit users and BIM Managers in Southern California.  I'm grateful for the existence of that group and continue to attend each month...but I want more.  My personal focus is a bit of a mismatch for the group because I'm involved in (1) residential, (2) small-firm, (3) holistic, hands-on, in-the-trenches design-build.  My hands are dirty from rebar and shou-sugi-ban, they're 30,000 ft above their hospitals and stadiums.

I'm working on putting together a separate group of Revit users who are interested in (1) mastering the out-of-the-box fundamentals of the program across all disciplines and (2) as a prerequisite/consequence, developing a proficiency (mastery, if you please) in each and every one of those disciplines (structural, MEP, energy analysis, lighting studies, etc.) in the spirit of the Master Builder of yesteryear.  I'm not afraid to model my shear walls with Simpson holdown families or to use the wiring tool to produce an accurate Romex takeoff, and if you're not either, you might enjoy this group.  I'm also not afraid to admit that there's much I still don't know and I need your help.  Come with your specialization and an open mind and we will all enjoy an AEC orgy that will scare the socks off your firm's legal team.

This is not a lazy group, this is an advanced group, so leave your workarounds at home.  We are committed to impeccable modeling that informs impeccable design and bridges the gap between the office and the field.  We are testing the limits of construction documents as a tool to communicate not just design, but truly detailed & precise instructions to the installing tradesmen.

Come along...

Jun 14, 16 10:42 pm
archanonymous

Master Builder Crew Assemble!!!!!

Jun 15, 16 7:02 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: