Archinect
anchor

LEED GA

paigegibson

I am an undergraduate student right now about to start applying to graduate schools this December. Today in one of my classes a professor brought up that students can take the LEED GA test. Would this be a benefit when applying to graduate school if I pass, or is it something that isn't worth it and I should just wait to take the normal LEED accreditation test once I become a professional? 

Jun 14, 16 3:36 pm
chigurh

useless across the board.  Leed professional accreditation is a joke costs too much money for initial testing and upkeep - leed for buildings is a marketing ploy - pay $ get certification, everybody pats each other on the back for complying with a system based on good ideas but failing miserably.

Jun 14, 16 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

it is a joke perpetuated on clients.

few to no architects see it as a valuable thing, but they all demand it so they can include it in employee resumes that get sent out for RFP's and RFQ's. 

Jun 14, 16 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Ha!
LEED is nothing but marketing and paperwork.
Jun 14, 16 5:48 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

There is an older, less popular version called physics. Why don't we use that one anymore?

(feeling pretty sarcastic today...)

Jun 14, 16 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

that said, you know i'll be getting my BD+C soon, because it's what firms want, because it's what clients want... 

tintt, I'm still pretty into physics, and software for simulation is better and easier to use than ever, but sadly it can only do so much.

If we had different priorities as a society we might be willing to pay for the well-studied and achievable construction (and transportation, and energy solutions) necessary to make our lifestyles sustainable, but we don't, so we get a checklist that makes everyone feel a little better because they can pat themselves on the back.

Jun 14, 16 11:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: