Archinect
anchor

Designing buildings to protect the public from mass shootings

mightyaa,

Without inspection, it doesn't matter because with or without rights to own a gun, you don't know who owns a gun or not.

In turn, it only serves to keep the honest.... honest. While the codes may very well have this and not enforced effectively but this is just something that may reinforce that.

It could be that gun safes and storage must be stored inside a room designed to meet such storage requirement and mandate an annual home inspection for operations but that is something that takes some degree of prudence. The problem is we have these laws that aren't ALL being actively enforced. 

It is just an idea and hopefully somewhat along the lines of the topic and architectural in nature.

We can't legally outlaw guns as long as the United States exists. In short, outlawing gun ownership is illegal under the U.S. Constitution. In short, end of that discussion. We have to become a new nation under a completely new set of laws for that to happen. Discussing that alone is dangerous grounds. 

An American citizen does have an option that is perfectly legal. Immigrate to another country and become a citizen there and in turn terminating citizenship with the U.S. A person has those options. 

I here ya about the challenges with the building codes but if there is the will and money, there is a way. I know what I proposed would by a challenging matter.

Jun 15, 16 9:21 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
One can always count on crazy ricky to keep the fires burning.
Jun 15, 16 9:28 pm  · 
 · 

N_S, you want to shit on the fire, now?

mightyaa made a fair and good response. Nothing wrong with it. I totally see his point. It's not a simple task and currently we don't  have the means to immediately enforce what I proposed but those scenarios take adjustments. 

At least, I propose something kinds of relating architecturally like building codes. Yes, there is some stuff in the code but we can surely revamp it but it takes vigilant enforcement of the codes.

Any legal option is going to cost us money to enforce upon implementation.

Jun 15, 16 9:32 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Ricky, I am only to shit on your religious obsession with gun ownership.
Jun 15, 16 9:44 pm  · 
 · 

I'm only going to build a Shitamanjaro on your religious obsession with anti-gun ownership.

Jun 15, 16 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

That is not a thing.

Jun 15, 16 10:22 pm  · 
 · 

N.S.

You don't get the play on words, do you? 

Play on the words "Shit" and "Kilimanjaro". You are an idiot.

Jun 15, 16 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Oh, I got that. I was refering to your claim that an anti-gun position is a religion as not a thing.

You've demonstrated over and over again to be quite dumb so I trully do not believe you're capable of describing anyone as an idiot.

Jun 15, 16 10:33 pm  · 
 · 
Take a long hike up your fake mountain, Rick. Don't come back down.
 · 
awaiting_deletion

no.

· 
awaiting_deletion

no. to rick.  not josh.

Jun 15, 16 10:34 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Good pic Olaf.

Jun 15, 16 10:35 pm  · 
 · 

Non Sequitur,

How is someone who doesn't agree with you and support gun ownership or the damn U.S. Constitution and this country a religion and anti-gun position not a religion? Pro or against can be either a religion to a person or not.

I can say you are quite religious about your position against gun ownership.

Jun 15, 16 10:54 pm  · 
 · 
poop876

Fuck! He is here too

Jun 15, 16 11:08 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur
Ricky, just when I thought you could not sink any lower... You go and totally out do even your lowest of lows. Bravo sir. Carry on knowing you're contributing to the violence.
Jun 16, 16 6:43 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: