Archinect
anchor

Razer Blade

WaffleMan22

Hello everyone,

I will be starting undergrad next year, and was looking at a bunch of laptops. Has anyone here used the Razer Blade before? It looks and sounds great, but the screen size is a bit small (14"). 

Jun 8, 16 11:33 am
mtdew

The renderer uses a  BOXX computer at work. It's liquid cooled and all suped up but costed $10k. It's been working well though. 

Jun 8, 16 12:08 pm  · 
 · 
WaffleMan22

What renderer?

Jun 8, 16 12:12 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

The render aka the person who produces digital renderings.

BOXX is beyond overkill for your use.

Jun 8, 16 12:19 pm  · 
 · 
mtdew

He usually uses Podium. He models on Rhino, grasshoper, sketchup. 

Jun 8, 16 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
WaffleMan22

Oooh I reread that comment and it makes sense now ^_^

Jun 8, 16 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
WaffleMan22

But I wanted to know if anyone has had problems using CAD on the Razer Blade (or even just a 14" screen in general) before I fully commit to it

Jun 8, 16 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

I use an 11" screen (not as my primary computer though) with CAD and it is fine.

Alot of students at the school I teach at keep a monitor at their desk that they can plug into when needed. Alternately, if you already have a tablet or ipad, you can set it up as a second screen for your laptop.

Jun 8, 16 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
WaffleMan22

Archanonymous, great to hear. I intend to use said laptop as my primary computer though. I was primarily concerned because the school recommends a 15" screen minimum, and I was not sure if there was a huge difference between how easy it is to use CAD on a 14" vs a 15" screen

Jun 8, 16 3:12 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: