Archinect
anchor

Looking for inspiration!

FLW89

I´m currently strarting my first official job as an interior designer. I wanna ask, where do you find inspiration online most often (websites, Pinterest, other social media tec)? Thanks!

Jun 7, 16 3:53 pm
Non Sequitur

From the concentric coffee stain circles next to my mouse.

Jun 7, 16 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
senjohnblutarsky

I avoid Pintrest like the plague.

Because it is one. 

I see more idiotic "decorating" ideas on facebook than I would have ever dreamed.  Every moron with a glue gun and some paint is suddenly a decoration genius.  "She takes apart this pallet; you won't believe what happens next!"  Yes, yes, I will believe what happens next.  She ends up with something tacky made out of wood that was fit for nothing more than a pallet. 

Stick to Industry-specific publications, lest you end up being a purveyor of pallet designs. 

Jun 7, 16 3:58 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

if you don't really go in for the whole "creativity" thing, most furniture vendors - Knoll, Haworth, All Steel, Kimball, etc... have things they call "design starters"

Jun 7, 16 4:30 pm  · 
 · 
anonitect

+++senjohn. "You won't believe what happens next" always ends in disappointment. 

Jun 7, 16 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

Andree Putman

Jun 7, 16 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: